Here are the Steps on How to Turn a Picture into a Caricature
The basic steps to turn a picture into a caricature involves darkening the outer lines of the picture, and sometimes, totally removing the color of the picture so as to come up with an image that are mostly found on a coloring book. This article will share some tips on how to turn a picture into a caricature by the use of a freeware graphics program called GIMP or GNU.
- The first thing to do is to download and install the latest version of the GIMP program, and then to create a copy of your photo.
- Open the picture with GIMP program by going to the File menu and then opening the folder in order to view the picture.
- Next is to open up the Layers window through the Dialog menu and then clicking on Layers.
- Copy the background layer of the image window by going to the Layers window and then right-clicking on the Duplicate layer option that’s found right at the bottom toolbar.
- Next is to highlight the Background copy that’s on the Layers window, and then add a Gaussian Blur into the Background copy by going back to the image window, and then clicking on Filters option that is right on top toolbar. Choose “Blur” and afterwards, choose “Gaussian Blur”.
- Set the Blur Radius between 3 and 10 pixels, and then confirm by clicking “OK”.
- The next thing to do to turn a picture into a caricature is to divide the layers by going back to the Layers option and then clicking on the “Divide” button that’s right on the “Mode” menu.
- Flatten the image by going to the Layer menu on the image window and then clicking on “Merge Down”.
- At this point, open up the Cartoon filter window by clicking on “Filters”, and then choosing “Artistic” option, as well as the “Cartoon” option.
- When you’re there, apply the Cartoon filter by going to the Cartoon window, and then changing the settings until you achieve the desired effects.
- Finish your caricature image by leaving it as it is, or if you want, you may draw more lines in it by darkening some lines and then filling in the areas with colors.
By following these steps you can easily turn a picture into a caricature